Hi Back again
I have been in a thoughtful mood the past week and have been thinking about my negative list from a couple of weeks ago. I sometimes look in the mirror and see a difference and then the next day I cant see it or I feel fat and frumpy. In the past I hated having my photo taken and while on this image part I used to hate looking at myself in the mirror as well. I can remember times where I have been shopping and have actually hated my reflection on the freezer doors, Ive never had full length mirrors in my house and sometimes I have even been known to not get my hair cut when its been needed as I have not liked what I have seen looking back at me. Wow I really had low self esteem, poor self image and a huge dose of self denial.
Now ok that is the past and the day I decided to change my lifestyle was the biggest positive step.Anyway my point being that I have come to realise that why I cant see the 28 kg loss( nearly there) when I look in the mirror is because I never actually had a good look at the old me. I never accepted just how big I was, what I really looked like before so now when I look my mind thinks I should look smaller and therefore I cant see it. I know I have lost heaps just by the size I now take and my old clothes falling off me but to mentally see it in the mirror has been such a struggle for me.Does this make sense or is it just me? Ok so to turn this negative into a positive I tracked down a couple of old pics of me and made myself have a good look at them, I then got my daughter to take a photo of me and I compared the two. I went shopping and made myself look at me in the doors of the freezers and I liked what I saw, I really liked my reflection and then I stood on my bed and looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and it finally sunk in just how much I have lost and just how my body has and still is changing shape.
Anyway just thought I would share this.... hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend.
Love Emixxx
3 comments:
Well done on your great achievement and letting yourself accept how much your body has changed. It does make sense and it isn't only you who feels this way but looking at your new photos and actually seeing yourself in the mirror helps. Yay for your positive attitude!
Good on you for turning the negative into a positive, I think that's truly terrific. What a great idea to compare photos of yourself and to really take the time now to look at yourself in the mirror. You have done so bloody well to lose 28kg, you deserve to feel good about it and you should be proud of yourself! :)
Great Post and I can relate to a lot of what you say. Good on you for how far you've come already. Just linked to your site from Jak's. Look forward to reading more. Know exactly where you are coming from.
Post a Comment