THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK

TO ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS, WE MUST NOT ONLY ACT, BUT ALSO DREAM; NOT ONLY PLAN BUT ALSO BELIEVE
Anatole France

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

hurtful words

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all doing well..finally caught up with all your blogs.

I am really at a loss at the moment..... did weigh myself this morning as usual and had a loss of 2.1 kgs so I should be over the moon..guess I am but arent either.

My mum said some hurtful things to me on the weekend and guess I am struggling big time to deal with it all...... stuff like you look so old now, so sunkin in the face, you looked so much better before you lost this weight and you dont need to loose anymore weight, she kept going on about how I look so old now:(... I know I am 41 yrs of age and I am well aware of how my mother is and really to be honest it shouldn't upset me like it has..... I just dont understand why , guess I never will. It would be so nice to have her support but I guess thats not going to happen either :(

I went to Tafe yesterday, was a long day and the weather is still so hot here, I came away with a feeling that this course isnt for me...... wondering here if its because of how upset and alone I feel at the moment is the reason for this or whether this isnt for me. I feel so lost, I am so close to my goal , yet I feel like a failure,I feel sluggish, have lost interest in exercising,am very teary, gosh what am I doing here...... probably need a good kick up the behind hey.

OK well sorry for raving on here.. just needed to let it all out

Take care all

Love Emxxx

6 comments:

Suzy said...

Well done on the great loss! That is fantastic. Don't let words upset you. You know how much better you feel now you have lost weight and you know what a wonderful job you have done to get that far. Sometimes it takes others a while to get used to the new you. Keep your chin up, go for a walk in the sunshine and be happy. Don't think about the course while you are feeling down. Just do something nice for yourself and I hope you feel better soon. xx

Em said...

Thanx Donna and Suzie, your words mean so much to me :) On my scales I was a 120 kgs when I started so I was thinking around 70 kgs for my goal, however on the drs scales I am always 5 kgs heavier so not sure which ones to go by at the very max I have 9.5 kgs to go. Thanx once again my friends you are very special people xxxx

Jadey said...

Oh Em - Our friends and family can sometimes be so vicious because they become so jealous. Let the comments roll off your back.

Lee-Anne said...

What you have achieved so far and done not everyone can do. It takes damn hard work and determination. You are to be applauded and congratulated for what you've done. Sometimes families can say and do the most hurtful things without realising it. Hold your head up high and feel bloody great about yourself. L xxxx

Em said...

Thanx Jadey and lee-anne for your support.. hugs to you both..feel so lucky to have your support

Tina said...

Hey Em, sorry to hear that you're not feeling the best!

Family and friends CAN say the nastiest things...I've experienced some nasty comments from my sister but you know what, I just put it down to jealousy. You're showing self-control and motivation and maybe thats something that is difficult for your mum?

You have SO well in your weight loss missiona nd don't let ANYONE sabotage what you want to achieve hun! And you know that you have the support here from your blog friends!