I just finished reading someone's blog , where she went on to tell how her doctor had said things to her, wont go into detail as it is her story, her blog but it made me see farking red........last week I went to a new dr as my old dr had moved to Canberra, right from the moment I walked into her room she was negative and cold........after weighing me, measuring me, calculating my bmi, all of which I could have told her she went on to suggest I have surgery WTF, then came the lecture of how I am a walking candidate for everything you name it she said it....gees I know I am overweight, I weighed 96 kgs on her scales but to suggest surgery just blew me away taking my self esteem with it. I went on to tell her that I had got down to 75 kgs but before I could say anything else she went on her soap box again about the why I gained and might as well said I was a pig, I am sure this woman who calls herself a dr was sitting there with visions of me stuffing my face hour after hour day after day till I gained this weight as she said this is more the reason for you to consider surgery, yeah I know what your thinking have surgery and you wont be able to stuff yourself......BITCH .Where is the support, the understanding, ok I need to loose weight, I am achieving this, I am exercising, if you dont want to be a dr to me then bye as I wont be coming back....to top all this off I had a pap smear and when I was about to leave she handed me the pathology bag and said to me when I do pap smears I also check for clamydia WTF......
I didnt have the slightest concern I had this but my thoughts were how dare you test for something without asking me, is it not a patients right to be told this, then also their right to say yes or no apparently not with this dr...... I went and paid the account, when I rang for my results today I told her I wouldnt be coming back and the reasons why, her responce this is entirely your choice....yep exactly my choice and I am making it.
Anyway my rant ...have a great weekend all
Em x
4 comments:
You did the right thing by 'sacking' the bitch doctor! What a nasty person. Where did she get her 'caring, sympathetic' nature I wonder??? YOU have a neat weekend mate.
wellllllllllll what a bitch!!!! Glad you told her you wouldn't be going back....good on you, you and everyone else for that matter deserve to be treated with respect by our Drs!!
Have a great weekend...and keep smiling,
Jen xx
What an arrogant biatch. Shocking bedside manner.
Glad you gave her what for.
You've done really well since you've been back on track so she can stick it up her deriere. Don't let her words spoil your success to date.
I think you're awesome.
Couldn't believe the bitch of a doctor. Not at all helpful or caring!
Post a Comment